Where do I begin?
KMC Georgia Classes
Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia offers many kinds of ongoing classes, class series and one-time events throughout Georgia and Alabama, suitable for both beginners and experienced meditators. Everyone is welcome. The format of each class varies depending on the topic. But in general our teachers…
- Offer guidance on how to meditate,
- Lead a brief meditation session,
- Answer any questions you may have on your meditation experience, and
- Give practical instructions on how to apply your new meditation skills to your daily life, to help manage all kinds of life’s challenges.
Most classes run for an hour. There is no physical exercise or special clothing involved. Come dressed however is comfortable for you. You do not need to be a Buddhist to attend and to derive great benefit. They are perfectly suitable for individuals of all faiths.
The meditation practices we apply are very time-honored and authentic. Here is a video of a Kadampa Teacher explaining the many benefits of meditation. To get a feel for the practice itself, you can also view general guidance on how to meditate here.
How can I start?
- General Public Classes: These classes are the ideal starting point for anyone new to the Kadampa Buddhist Tradition. Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia offers several one-time classes and class series. Click here to learn more about General Program classes and how to begin. These are generally drop-in classes, which means that you do not need to register…just stop by. However it may be less expensive for you to consider joining us as a General Program sustaining member, which gives you access to all General Program events for free or at a reduced price. For more information on the General Program and other programs, please visit our Membership page.
- Foundation Program Classes: As you learn the basics of meditation and Buddhist practices, you may be ready to take the next step to the Foundation Study Program, which guides you on the more in-depth paths of Sutra and Tantra. Click here to learn more about the Foundation Study Program.
- Teacher Training Program: Once you become proficient in the teachings of the Foundation Program, you may choose to advance to the Teacher Training Program, which provides you with the skills to actually deliver teachings on Kadam Buddhism. You can learn more about the Teacher Training Program here.
Here are a few other things you may want to look at to get to know us better…
- About Us: Learn about our tradition, our teachers and our Meditation Center.
- Events: Read about national and international Kadampa Buddhism events and festivals around the U.S. and the world.
- Calendar: See the full schedule of events in Atlanta and the Southeast.
If you would like more information, please don’t hesitate at (678) 453-6753 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re very nice! We look forward to seeing you soon.