Awakening the Heart ½ Day Meditation Retreat
This beginner-friendly half-day retreat will include simple guided meditations to help you develop greater peace of mind and happiness and to improve your relationships, through awakening your good heart of loving kindness towards others. Everyone is welcome. No previous meditation experience is required.
Great for beginners, or those wishing to refresh their meditation practice. Everyone Welcome.
Session One: 10-11am
Session Two: 11:15-12pm
Session Three: 12:15-1pm
Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia
741 Edgewood Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
About the Teacher
Gen Kelsang Norden is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia. Gen Norden has been an ordained Buddhist nun since 1994 and has been teaching Buddhism and meditation in the US and the UK for over 25 years. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy the precious dharma of Modern Buddhism with such an experienced practitioner.
|For Member pricing use membership code at check out|
Not a supporting member? Learn about all the benefits of becoming a KMC GA supporting member.
We care about your safety and well-being! Here is a list of COVID-19 prevention measures currently in place at KMC Georgia:
- The City of Atlanta has a mask mandate in place, so everyone inside the building must wear a mask. If you don't have a mask with you, one will be provided at reception.
- We have a UV air purifier running at all times inside the main meditation room.
- All doors to the main meditation room will remain open during class to encourage air flow.
- Chairs in the meditation rooms have signage to encourage social distancing.
- If you don't feel comfortable sitting in the main meditation room, you may sit in the smaller meditation room or in the reception/cafe area, where we have a TV monitor link and audio. If you are in the café area, you may still watch the class through the open glass doors.
- We offer hand sanitizer to all our guests and volunteers, and sanitize all high touch areas before every class.