1/2 day Meditation Course
Sat Oct 9, 10am – 1pm | with Resident Teacher, Gen Norden
Learn how to purify past mistakes and present bad habits – to break free from negativity & move on to a happy, peaceful & positive future.
In this workshop we will learn about karma and the effective methods Buddha taught for purifying negativity completely.
Teachings, guided meditation and Q and A.
Everyone is welcome.
Session 1: 10-11:15am
Session 2: 11:45-1pm
Vajrasattva Purification Retreat, with Guided Meditation Sessions
Sat Oct 9 | 2:30 – 6pm
Using Hundreds of Deities of the Joyful Land according to Highest Yoga Tantra Sadhana and the book Oral Instructions of Mahamudra.
This event is open to those who attended the morning workshop or those who are students on the FP/TTP program at KMC Georgia.
Purifying our mind of negative karma is the root of all future happiness. Purification retreat is a powerful method to purify our negative mental karma through meditation and Vajrasattva mantra recitation, the Buddha of purification. Remove karmic potentials that give rise to painful experiences and are obstacles to attaining spiritual realizations. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage in this very simple and beautiful practice.
These sessions include prayers, instruction and meditation using the explanation in Ven Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s book Oral Instructions of Mahamudra.
Session 1: 2:30-3:45pm
Session 2: 4:30-6pm
Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia
741 Edgewood Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
About the Teacher
Gen Kelsang Norden is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia. Gen Norden has been an ordained Buddhist nun since 1994 and has been teaching Buddhism and meditation in the US and the UK for over 25 years. We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy the precious dharma of Modern Buddhism with such an experienced practitioner.
|Course Price (10a.m.-1p.m.)||$30.00|
|Retreat Price (2:30-6p.m)||$20.00|
|Course & Retreat Price (Full day)||$40.00|
|For member pricing use membership code at checkout|
Not a supporting member? Learn about all the benefits of becoming a KMC GA supporting member.
We care about your safety and well-being! Here is a list of COVID-19 prevention measures currently in place at KMC Georgia:
- The City of Atlanta has a mask mandate in place, so everyone inside the building must wear a mask. If you don't have a mask with you, one will be provided at reception.
- We have a UV air purifier running at all times inside the main meditation room.
- All doors to the main meditation room will remain open during class to encourage air flow.
- Chairs in the meditation rooms have signage to encourage social distancing.
- If you don't feel comfortable sitting in the main meditation room, you may sit in the smaller meditation room or in the reception/cafe area, where we have a TV monitor link and audio. If you are in the café area, you may still watch the class through the open glass doors.
- We offer hand sanitizer to all our guests and volunteers, and sanitize all high touch areas before every class.