January Meditation Challenge
Welcome to 2022!
Find the motivation you need to jump start your personal transformation by joining our 20-day Meditation Challenge. This is a personal challenge meant to help you create a habit of incorporating meditation into your daily life. Sign up to get unlimited access to our drop in meditation classes.
The Challenge: Enjoy 20 meditation sessions or classes either in-person or online within the month of January, and before you know it you’ll have a healthy meditation habit to carry with you through the rest of the year.
Goal: 20 meditation sessions or classes between January 1 and January 31.
Multiple 30 minute simple guided meditation sessions have been added to our January schedule as well as evening guided Lamrim (Buddhist stages of the path meditation) sessions. This is in addition to our regular schedule of drop in classes and meditation program.
Incentive: Healthy habits for body and mind
Cost: Sign up for our $25 January Meditation Challenge special offer - first time member only, and get unlimited access to all 30 Minute Guided Meditations, Lamrim Challenge Sessions and Weekly Drop in Classes during the month of January. (Special events have their own pricing. See individual web page for each particular event.)
Drop in rate $5 for 30 minute guided meditation, $15 for other drop in weekly classes.
Free for supporting members.
30 Minute Guided Meditation Schedule | Jan 2–Jan 31
Mon–Sun | 8–8:30am
Mon–Fri | 12:15–12:45pm
Lamrim Challenge Schedule & The 15 meditations from Mirror of Dharma | Weeknights, Jan 10–Jan 28
Mon–Wed | 7:30–8:30pm
Thur–Fri | 6:30–7:30pm
Take a break and enjoy the true peace which is the underlying nature of your mind. Be guided through a simple yet powerful meditation that gives rise to an experience of mental peace and wellbeing.
Meditation is most effective as a daily practice, but if we notice that we are anxious and do not have the space to think clearly, it can help us to relax and find an inner stillness.
Cost $5 (Free for members.) Or $25 for unlimited January Meditation Challenge for first time member
15 Lamrim challenge starts from January 10 - January 28
Lamrim means stages of the path to enlightenment. It is the presentation of Buddha’s teachings that is the essence of Kadampa Buddhism. If you are already attending our Buddhist meditation classes, or if you would like to develop your practice beyond the 30 minute basic guided meditations and incorporate all of Buddha’s wisdom into your meditation and daily life, then this is for you!
For 15 evenings in January, each weeknight (Monday to Friday,) between January 10 and 28 there will be an evening meditation class on one of the 15 Lamrim meditations from Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s most recent book, The Mirror of Dharma.
The classes are 7:30-8:30pm Mon, Tues and Wed, and 6:30–7:30pm Thu and Fri.
The classes will remain open for replay view for 24 hours after the live class.
There are three ways you can experience these Lamrim meditation classes:
- Drop in to an individual class
- Attend in person or online, all 15 classes in a row and kick-start or refresh your own daily lamrim meditation practice.
- Use the 24 online replay function to do the sessions more than once in a day and create your own January lamrim meditation retreat experience.
Cost $15 per class, free for members. Or $25 for unlimited January Meditation Challenge.
Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia
741 Edgewood Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
We care about your safety and well-being!
Here is a list of COVID-19 prevention measures currently in place at KMC Georgia:
- The City of Atlanta has a mask mandate in place, so everyone inside the building must wear a mask. If you don't have a mask with you, one will be provided at reception.
- We have a UV air purifier running at all times inside the main meditation room.All doors to the main meditation room will remain open during class to encourage air flow.
- Chairs in the meditation rooms have signage to encourage social distancing. If you don't feel comfortable sitting in the main meditation room, you may sit in the smaller meditation room or in the reception/cafe area, where we have a TV monitor link and audio. If you are in the café area, you may still watch the class through the open glass doors.
- We offer hand sanitizer to all our guests and volunteers, and sanitize all high touch areas before every class.