IN PERSON & ONLINE
Saturday, September 11th | 10:00am–12:30pm
Enjoy guided meditation and practical advice on how to meditate. Learn to induce physical and mental relaxation, develop peaceful and positive states of mind, and experience inner peace.
Great for beginners, or those wishing to refresh their meditation practice. Everyone Welcome.
Meditation is an ancient technology that has been used for thousands of years by people wishing to deepen their spiritual understanding and grow on the spiritual path.
In modern times, people have become increasingly interested in meditation as a way to promote physical and mental well-being amidst their busy daily lives. Meditation has something for everyone – it can be used to promote health by decreasing stress, anxiety, and depression and for developing calmer, happier minds. Additionally, if we wish, it can even take us to our highest potential, full enlightenment.
Come learn a variety of meditation skills to develop and maintain inner strength and happiness.
Session One: 10-10:45am
Session Two: 11-11:45am
Session Three: 12-12:30pm
About the TeachersBob has been studying meditation and Buddhism since 1999. He is one of our senior teachers, teaching since 2002. He has a unique skill for helping others to apply Buddha’s teachings into daily life and is enthusiastic about sharing his personal experiences with others. He has his own business as a technical trainer in Atlanta.
|Not a supporting member? Learn about all the benefits of becoming a KMC GA supporting member|
We care about your safety and well-being! Here is a list of COVID-19 prevention measures currently in place at KMC Georgia:
- The City of Atlanta has a mask mandate in place, so everyone inside the building must wear a mask. If you don't have a mask with you, one will be provided at reception.
- We have a UV air purifier running at all times inside the main meditation room.
- All doors to the main meditation room will remain open during class to encourage air flow.
- Chairs in the meditation rooms have signage to encourage social distancing.
- If you don't feel comfortable sitting in the main meditation room, you may sit in the smaller meditation room or in the reception/cafe area, where we have a TV monitor link and audio. If you are in the café area, you may still watch the class through the open glass doors.
- We offer hand sanitizer to all our guests and volunteers, and sanitize all high touch areas before every class.