IN PERSON & ONLINE
Meditation Fundamentals, 6:30-7:30p.m
Fundamental meditation classes are particularly suitable for complete beginners. They give a practical introduction to meditation and include topics such as the benefits of meditation, mindfulness, good posture, types of meditation, and how to start a daily meditation practice. Advice is also given on how to remain peaceful in daily life by applying the meditation techniques explained in these classes.
Each class includes two guided meditations, practical instruction and a chance to ask questions by live-stream chat.
As long as you register in advance of the live class, this class is
NOW AVAILABLE TO VIEW FOR A WHOLE SEVEN DAYS.
This means you can tune in at the specified time to do this class live with others, OR you can now enjoy this class ANYTIME during the week that fits your schedule.
If you can't make Thursday at 6:30PM but want to view at another time, just register below as usual. Be sure to register for the webinar once you receive payment confirmation and you will automatically receive the link for the replay once class has finished.
Once you register, we'll send you all the info you need to attend safely from your home via live stream.
About the Teacher
Melanie began studying and practicing meditation with KMC GA in 2006 and she has been teaching since 2010. Melanie is known for her genuine teachings from the heart and her practical approach to applying Buddhist advice to daily life. She is a native Georgian and lives in East Atlanta with her husband and cat. Professionally, Melanie is a Career Coach.
Before you register...
- You must live in GA, AL, TN or the FL panhandle to register for classes at KMC GA.
- Attendees may not record online classes. Recordings will be available for sale after most classes.
- After you register here, be sure to check your email box (maybe your spam folder?) for a note we just sent you. This note tells you how to get the link to attend via live stream.
|For member pricing use membership code at checkout|
Not a supporting member? Learn about all the benefits of becoming a KMC GA supporting member.
No one is turned away for lack of funds.
We care about your safety and well-being! Here is a list of COVID-19 prevention measures currently in place at KMC Georgia:
- The City of Atlanta has a mask mandate in place, so everyone inside the building must wear a mask. If you don't have a mask with you, one will be provided at reception.
- We have a UV air purifier running at all times inside the main meditation room.
- All doors to the main meditation room will remain open during class to encourage air flow.
- Chairs in the meditation rooms have signage to encourage social distancing.
- If you don't feel comfortable sitting in the main meditation room, you may sit in the smaller meditation room or in the reception/cafe area, where we have a TV monitor link and audio. If you are in the café area, you may still watch the class through the open glass doors.
- We offer hand sanitizer to all our guests and volunteers, and sanitize all high touch areas before every class.